Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Asking for help


Norah woke up happy today--hooray! I love hearing that little squeal from her crib when she wakes up and looks around and is just happy to start the day. On these good days, we get to see her happy feet. She does this little bicycle move and pulls up her head (what strong abs!!) and just grins and squeals. It's seriously adorable. We all live for these days :)
It's about time for a good day. We've had several notso great days in the past weeks. Yesterday ended up well, but the morning was just awful and I ended up calling in Janel (amazing nanny) on her day off. We are so lucky to have her. I texted and said it was one of those days that I just didn't feel like I could do it on my own (Brian was at work), and she immediately hopped in the shower and headed over. She was there within the hour (she lives 30 minutes away). 

Janel with her girls (Norah and the other little girl she cares
 for the 2nd half of the day--they got to spend a lot of time
 together this summer, and Norah LOVED it!)









Before I called Janel, Norah had a giant seizure that lasted over a minute and a half (which is LONG for her). Poor baby. After a rough afternoon the day before (coughing/vomiting/bouts of not breathing/suction machine for an hour), I was at my wits end. I sat on the couch with her after the seizure and just cried. I have to say, I am so glad that I have gotten over feeling bad when I need to ask for help. Because once I pulled myself together a bit and dried the tears, I texted Janel. Sometimes we just need help! And thank goodness we are lucky enough to have an amazing support system--I know that many people do not have that luxury.








2 comments:

  1. Liz - you are an AMAZING woman! Stay strong and if you ever need an ear to listen/vent please do not hesitate to call me! Norah is a beautiful, wonderful little girl and so lucky to have you as her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie, I love you so much. Norah looks like an angel.... just like her mom

    ReplyDelete